From an undated entry in one of my many notebooks:
Title: Things for Children
- Learn to fight – you will heal.
- Ask to advance when you know you should.
Compound interest X time.
- Brush well, your entire being requires good dental health.
- Write every day – make stuff up if you have to…
- Stand up for what’s right. See #1, defend the weak.
- If you don’t like reading, tell your teacher why!
The CSW (Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda) on this:
Had I been given (and had I taken) this advice as a child, I would have: beaten up bullies, done better with math, had fewer cavities, kept more of my journals, been a better friend, and likely I would have learned to read well before it was almost too late! I’m OK now. Now is best.
C’est la vie?